Search Engine Optimization
The tools listed here come from a variety of sources. They are listed in no particular order. I have found all of them to be helpful in my quest to improve the visibility of my sites across the net. As I find additional / new tools related to search Engine optimization (SEO) – I will list them here.
- Site Spider Viewer: http://vebtools.com/spiderview/. This tool takes a URL and strips out all the decorative stuff. It’ll present you with the page’s title, the text, a word count, and data related to keyword density, links, and the page’s HTML source code. This can prove useful if you need a fresh perspective.
- SEO Analysis Tool: http://www.seoworkers.com/tools/analyzer.html. This tool helps you analyze and measure the ranking potential of your web pages.
- Alexa Traffic Challenge: http://www.linkvendor.com/seo-tools/site-analysis/alexa-challenge,57.html. This tool compares the Alex traffic ranking for up to three domains.
- Website Speed Check: http://www.linkvendor.com/seo-tools/site-analysis/website-speed-test,46.html. This tool checks how long it takes a web page to load.
- Multi Page Rank: http://rapid.searchmetrics.com/en/seo-tools/site-analysis/multi-pagerank,22.html. This tool allows you to check the page rank of a website across several Google data centers.
- Spiderview: http://rapid.searchmetrics.com/en/seo-tools/site-analysis/spiderview,26.html. A simulator that allows you to see all the information a search engine spider receives from “crawling” a website.
- Domain Stats Tool: http://www.webconfs.com/domain-stats.php. This tool provides a wide range of key statistics about a website and it’s ranking on major search engines.
- Google Rankings SEO Tool:http://www.googlerankings.com/ultimate_seo_tool.php. Analyses the keywords on a website and provides the Google ranking for each term.
- HTML Validator: http://validator.w3.org/. Tool to validate the HTML on a page or a site. Returns error reports allowing you to find and correct the HTML errors.